The software detects and removes viruses, ransomware, and other malware due to its reliable malware protection technology. If you are interested in upgrading your antivirus and protecting against malware, our review of Malwarebytes contains everything you need to make the right choice.
Malwarebytes Premium and Free
Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware is already known to many users. The main thing that is good about this antivirus, in addition to protection, is the ability to work with other antivirus products, increasing the security of the system.
Currently, there are two versions of the application, one of them is free and is designed for non-commercial use and paid, with a lot of options and features, which costs 24.95 USD (about 740 rubles). The paid Pro version gives you real-time protection, heuristics, and blocking of the latest threats on the network. Also, the instant scanning speed is higher than in the free version.
However, this is not the whole list of threats. According to many authoritative sources on the web, passwords from browsers can be stolen by hackers during the process of synchronizing a web browser with a remote server (if this feature is enabled, of course). And this is taking into account the fact that browsers transmit user data in encrypted form.
How to Remove Malwarebytes Antivirus?
Malwarebytes is one of the antiviruses that often appear on the computer, not at the user’s request – either it comes bundled with programs when buying a new PC with a pre-installed Windows system, or is installed along with some application downloaded from the Internet (for example, Adobe Flash Player).
Developers of Malwarebytes have created a special utility whose task is to remove traces of antivirus on the computer – Malwarebytes Consumer Products Removal (or simply MCPR). It should be used after the end of the uninstallation process. So now just download it.
Like other programs, Malwarebytes can be uninstalled using standard Windows tooling. Depending on the version of the operating system you have, do the following:
- For Windows 7 and Vista. Open the “Start” menu, find it and click on the “Control Panel” icon. Set the view mode to “Small icons” (upper right corner), then go to the “Programs and Features” section.
- For Windows 8, 8.1, and 10. Press the “Win” key, then click on the gear icon in the lower-left corner to open the “Windows Settings” window. Go to the “System” section, then open the “Applications & Features” tab.
- In the “Programs and Features” or “Applications and Features” section, find the McAfee Total Protection antivirus icon, select it, then click on the “Uninstall” or “Change/Remove” button (in Win Vista/7, the button is above the list of programs).
- Antivirus uninstall program will start. Check the boxes as shown in the image below and then click “Delete”.
The utility Your Uninstaller (like many existing analogs) is designed to “clean” uninstall programs in Windows. The peculiarity of its work is that after uninstalling the target program, the computer is scanned for the remaining entries in the system registry and junk files on the hard disk, and after that, the found data is deleted.
It’s easy to work with the utility:
- Download the program from our website (download Your Uninstaller) and install it.
- This is a trial version but without any restrictions on functionality (only limited by the time of use).
- Run Your Uninstaller, then find the McAfee Total Protection icon in the list and double-click on it.